This is an absolutely delicious carb-free recipe for Chicken Parmesan. It would be hard to disappoint even your most picky guest or child with this slight alteration of a beloved classic!
- 1 cup Almond or Cashew Flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Packet Trader Joes Onion Dip Mix (Dry)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes,
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 16 oz Tomato Sauce I use Raos Tomato Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil Leaves thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, onion mix, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a food processor to make your “bread-less crumbs.”
- Whisk together the egg and egg whites. Dip the chicken breasts in the egg mixture and then in breadless crumbs. Set chicken in a baking dish (coat with olive oil to avoid sticking.)
- Bake at 350° for about 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. (Flip he breasts about half way through so the chicken is cooked evenly on both sides.)
- While the chicken is cooking you can prepare your tomato sauce (see recipe) if you are not using jarred sauce.
- After the chicken is cooked add a tablespoon of sauce to each chicken breast and top with a small handful of the mozzarella cheese and a couple pieces of thinly shaved parmesan.
- Return to the over and cook for an additional 10 min.
- Serve with Quinoa Pasta, sautéed spinach, or any other vegetable or salad of your choosing.
Share this Recipe