New Recipe Alert. Check out this delicious recipe for”Bread-less” Chicken Tenders. Serve over a salad or with sautéed spinach or broccoli. mmmm good. For more meal suggestions visit the recipe page.
- 5 Skinny Crisps, Say Cheese (low carb gluten free crackers)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 packet Trader Joes Onion Dip Mix
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 chicken tenders (can substitute with chicken breasts cut into strips)
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 cups Almond or Cashew Meal
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine skinny crisps, parmesan cheese, onion mix, and red pepper flakes in a food processor to make your “bread-less crumbs.”
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. (spray with a little oil to prevent sticking.)
- Crack eggs in a medium sized bowl and whisk until they’re evenly scrambled.
- In a pie pan or other flat dish spread out the almond meal.
- In a separate pie pan or other flat dish spread out the “Bread-less crumbs.”
- Start by lightly seasoning your cleaned chicken tenders with the sea salt, cracked pepper and garlic powder.
- Lay them in the almond flour mixture and be sure they’re coated on all sides.
- Dip them in the egg wash.
- Then, lay them in the “Bread-less crumbs” coating the tenders entirely.
- Place the chicken in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes
- Turn the heat up to 400 degrees and leave in for an additional 5 minutes.
- Be sure to check that they’re done then let sit for approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you prefer, you can also cook the tenders on the stove top with a little bit of olive oil. This will obviously up the calories a little because of the extra olive oil. If you go this route, cover a plate with paper towels to soak up all of the excess olive oil. Also, if you can't find the crackers, I sometimes use 3-4 Trader Joe's Veggie & Flaxseed Tortilla Chips instead. This is also delicious and low in sugars/carbs as well!
Share this Recipe