It’s hard to believe I have once again found myself a year older. Another year has come and gone and brought with it a tidal wave of reflection and contemplation. Each year, as I look back, I am struck with the duality of how fast the year seems to pass and yet how much has changed and transpired over the course of a single year. For some reason, it is always easier and more apparent to focus on the negative; another year without the dream job, the dream body, the dream romance, the dream balance in the bank account, etc. I think they call this feeling, the birthday blues and I have become quite familiar with this sensation. I find myself hoping that this chapter of my life is just the accumulation of fodder for a story that will all come together and materialize into a greatness far beyond my current understanding. Like, in some sort of alternate universe, if an older more established self were looking back at the unfolding of my life up to this point, all of these trials and tribulations would prove to be the perfect formula for the success that is about to arrive, or perhaps is already in route. It is this hope of a future “super-self” that gets me out of bed in the morning and keeps me going.
In an effort to push the “positive” button and start this year off on a good foot, I will spend a moment reflecting on the positive things that have come to pass this year and show gratitude for all of the tremendous gifts I am so lucky to have received.
Here is my top 10 gratitude list for the year. (in no particular order)
1. Incredible Community – Over my 3 years in LA, I have built an incredible community of friends and mentors who inspire me on a daily basis and provide endless support. I am so grateful for each and every one of you. Additionally, so many friends and mentors from across the world continue to be an integral part of my life and our relationships have not been hindered in the slightest by the distance between us! I am so lucky to have you all in my life!
2. Health – Over the past year, my health was tested and I am so ecstatic to be able to say that I got through it all with flying colors. These struggles are an important reminder of how grateful I need to be for my health and how important it is to work to maintain good health.
3. Comedy/Artistic Work – This year has been pretty great in terms of comedy and opening up to the idea of writing. I have advanced to the 3rd level at The Groundlings and will begin advanced tomorrow! A film that I worked on had huge success in the festivals this year and won many accolades and awards. I am finally embarking on co-writing a series that is scheduled to shoot the end of this summer. I have an amazing writing partner, director, and lots of doors have been opening to help get this project off the ground. I am really pumped and I cannot wait to get started. <— That’s a lot to be grateful for!
4. Growing Client Base – My client list is continually expanding for my assistant/services business mysuperassistants.com and I am very close to being able to work completely for myself. I am so grateful for all of my incredible clients who continue to reach out to me for assistance with their many incredible business ventures and for introducing me to their community and helping me grow and help more people!
5. Family – My family continues to support and love me unconditionally. We are small but we are mighty and I am so blessed to have them in my life!
6. Laughter – When I think back on the year, I am struck by the immense amount of laughter that filled so much of my time. There is nothing like sharing laughter with family and friends and I hope to always facilitate and experience laughter.
7. Mistakes/Life’s Challenges – I am grateful for the challenges that I have faced over the year because they taught me to grow into the person that I am today and without them I would never change and evolve into a better person. I embrace them and thank them for inspiring me to achieve greatness.
8. Bella – My little emotional support bundle of love. I don’t care if you judge, it is amazing how much having a pet can teach you about unconditional love. 🙂
9. Sunshine – Living in sunny los angeles provides me with just the right mixture of vitamin D and inspiration. At any given moment I can bask in the sun and be reminded of a force beyond the ramblings in my own head.
10. Fatty on a Diet – This blog and this community is one of the of things I am most grateful for that has manifested over this past year. Having a forum to aid in my accountability while being blessed with the gift of helping and inspiring others has been one of the most incredible experiences of my entire life!
Thank you all so much for being a part of the Fatty on a Diet family and for continuing to read my posts. Please, feel free to share your top 10 with me in the comments section below and continue to share your stories with me via social media and email. I love hearing from you and hope you know that you can always find a community here. We are all here to share our experience with one another and there is no reason to go through your journey alone. I am so blessed to have you all as my support system and nothing makes me happier then to be your support as well!
Lots of Love,