Check out this simple recipe for Not so “Devilish” Deviled Eggs. They are healthier twist on the classic, great for a high protein snack.
- 8 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Hummus
- 1/4 cup Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- In a large saucepan, cover the eggs with water and bring to a vigorous boil.
- Cover the saucepan, remove from the heat and let stand for 12 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and gently shake the pan to crack the shells.
- Fill the pan with cold water and shake gently.
- Add ice cubes and let the eggs stand until chilled.
- Drain and peel the eggs; pat dry.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop the yolks into a bowl.
- Add the hummus, greek yogurt, mustard, and lemon juice and finely mash with a fork.
- Season the filling with salt and Pepper.
- Pipe or spoon the filling into the egg white halves.
- Garnish with Paprika and serve.
You can also use less of the yokes and add a little more of the greek yogurt/hummus/mustard mix
Share this Recipe