New Recipe Alert. Check out this easy recipe for a Simple Cucumber Salad. It is a great addition to a meal or a low cal option for a snack in between meals.
- 1 Large English Cucumber
- 1/4 cup distilled vinegar (white)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (See Tip)
- Peel cucumber to leave alternating green stripes. Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise; scrape the seeds out with a spoon. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut into very thin slices. Place in a double layer of paper towel and squeeze gently to remove any excess moisture.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to dissolve.
- Add the cucumbers and sesame seeds; toss well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Share this Recipe